Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Greatest Job in the World

I was trying to watch the Health Care Summit today on TV which kind of sucks because I don't have CSPAN-3 so I had to rely on Cable News. I went to MSNBC to watch it and after a few minutes, Andrea Mitchell and her nose comes on and start blabbering on about nothing. You know how these talking heads always are, This is MSNBC and we are covering the Health Care Summit and we are't going to let you watch actual ELECTED officials talk about their differences cause we have to explain what is being said. So I went to my second choice the always abominable CNN and I will be kicked in the nuts if fucking Wolf Blitzer wasn't interrupting the exact same time as MSNBC was to bring on Sanjay Gupta to talk about the Summit. I mean, I don't give a shit what that quack thinks about Health Care Reform I want to hear ELECTED OFFICIALS opinions and arguments are for or against the bill.
Here is my point though, they had fucking Ben Stein on stating arguing why Republicans don't want Health Care Reform and it got me to thinking how long does a person have to be out of politics these days just to disappear. I mean, Ben Stein was Richard Nixon's Speech writer! Nixon has been out of office since 1974 so 36 years later his Speech Writer is still appearing on TV talking about what Republicans like of dislike. Pat Buchanan was Nixon's Chief of Staff and he is on MSNBC all the time jabbering with Chris Matthews cause no one else wants him on their show. Newt Gingrich was in the news over something else today, he hasn't held elected office in over 14 years and that was when he was impeaching Clinton for getting blown in the Oval Office meanwhile Newt was fucking his staffer and leaving his wife who was bedridden with cancer.
I'm thinking if you get into National Politics you basically have a job for life. I imagine this might actually be the last job in America in which you can assume that you will be getting a steady paycheck from one way or another until you die.
My other complaint though is CNN and MSNBC, just let people watch the proceedings. You don't have to have these over paid douche bags sitting around desks jabbering every five minutes explaining to people what they just saw all the meanwhile cutting out other parts of the very important discussion. I remember when I was a kid and one summer all they had on was the Iran Contra trail, I don't remember CBS cutting to Dan Rather every ten minutes so he could pull his ego out and stroke it in front of the nation. These people seriously need to learn to shut the fuck up sometimes. These people are elected to office by voters, if they cannot speak plain English then they never would have gotten elected.

No comments:

Post a Comment